December 19, 2003

Slice O' Life

I left work at 6:30pm

I walked through my front door at 7:45 pm.

That is one of the joys of living in New York City.

An incident delayed the trains. Then the train I was in was emptied of people because of a problem with the doors.

The train was stuck under the East River because of the delayed train we had to empty.

Life in New York isn't always so romantic, hence my previous post where I expressed a desire for a more romantic life.

But, on the other hand, for four stops, I was stuck next to famous actor Ben Chaplin. Standing shoulder to shoulder with him in my crowded train, we were equals as we held on to the same pole for balance with one hand, a book in the other. He departed at 42nd street. I imagine he is currently performing on Broadway.

That didn't exactly make it worth the 75 minutes commute home but it was fun.

That's also very New York.

No comments: