December 07, 2003

Central Park

Last night I went to see the movie Master and Commander which I recommend strongly. I don't care who you are or what your taste is in movies. You will enjoy this flick.

On other weekend activities, I'm sorry to report that Jon and I did not get to go ice skating today at Wolman Rink. In spite of my previously written about reservations, I was actually looking forward to it. But the cold weather was just too daunting, encouraging us to stay inside and do crossword puzzles.

But don't despair.
We did get out and enjoy the crisp air.

Jon and I went to a great restaurant on the UPPER WEST SIDE of Manhattan called Cafe Con Leche. The brunch was delicioso. I had the Mexican Omelet which came with salsa and guacamole. It was an omelet wrapped around tomatoes and peppers. I also two of the best cups of coffee I've had in weeks. Jon had the Try Our Eggs in a Hole. I'm sure you've made this yourselves. It's bread with a hole ripped in which you cook an egg. His was really good as it was served over the most delicious corned beef hash ever made. (i'm not exaggerating)

After that, since we were already out and about, we decided to go to Central Park and see it's wintery beauty. And it was worth the cold toes and the red ears. The park was really beautiful. The fresh air was the fresh cold kind that makes your cheeks pink and makes your lungs feel clean and the people that were there were having a great time. Children sledding, people skiing, owners playing fetch with their happy dogs (using snowballs I think in some instances) and the reservoir was breathtaking.

That is the first time I've been to snow covered Central Park and I wish I'd had my camera.

I'm home now, eating lemon chicken soup from Pinnochio's in Astoria and trying to warm up my toes.

I'm looking forward to watching ANGELS IN AMERICA tonight. After I get off line (it's 7 pm here), I'm going to plan my week ahead. My very good friend Lilo is coming into town this week and I want to get my house ready for her stay. I haven't seen her much since she moved to the west coast five years ago and I can't wait to see her this weekend.

Stay warm and toasty. It's going to be a cold one tonight.

No comments: