December 22, 2003

Le Weekend

Monday morning is here yet again. Again, it has arrived too quickly after spending a pleasurable weekend living in New York City.

I was so fried on Friday night (a day I like to call FRIED day), that there wasn't much I could do except blog and sleep. I spent Saturday finding the component's of J's Hanukah present and then getting ready for our date on the top of the Empire State Buildling. The Empire State Building was pretty incredible. I've never been up there at night. Downtown and East Side views were better for the mere reason that the Uptown and West Views were freezing. The Hudson was kicking up a wickedly cold breeze. We each made an elongated penny and if you've been paying attention we both blogged from the 86th floor observation deck where they have pay-as-you-go internet service terminals.

I was dressed up so pretty but in the end it didn't matter because I didn't take my coat off once for the cold. My enjoyment of the evening was also impeded by the incredibly adorable but uncomfortable shoes I was wearing.

I don't understand why they hurt my feet. The heels were only an 1.5 inches. Theoreticlly those shoes should not have pinched but alas...they did.

No bother. It was still a lot of fun.

Yesterday was a wonderful day. J came over with the NY Times. We did the crossword puzzle and shopped on the main shopping strip in Astoria.

And now it's Monday morning, and I'm delaying my departure for work by intently writing about my weekend. But now I'm done and I have to leave.

How was your weekend? I can't wait to hear about it!

No comments: