December 14, 2003

Hey guys!!! Look What I Found!!!!

I was surprised to learn on Caren's website that it was already snowing and that former Iraqi leader Saddam Husseing has been captured.

Saddam Hussein was found hiding in a hole, bearded and dirty. Two reports I just read said he's chatty and cooperative. But I guess being a dictator isn't that glamourous after all. Hiding in a hole. It doesn't get any worse than that unless of course you count the death of your two sons. Yeah. He's getting a pretty bad beating.

I'm still not sure whether or not what we're doing there makes sense but at least the military accomplished one of its goals. I need to hear more about it before I can claim pride in our government for devastating the Iraqi people and their countryside for reasons I still don't exactly believe.

But I will say that I'm proud of the young men and women who are in Iraq fighting for what they believe in because what they believe in is "U.S."

Thank you.

No comments: