December 19, 2003

Romantic NYC

I was discussing the importance of romance with someone the other night. I've never been the sort that really is impressed with romance so naturally that is why I think about it all the time. I've come to this conclusion.

Our daily lives can pretty tough here in NYC. Subways, homeless, the stench of urine, foot traffic, traffic traffic, waiting on lines everywhere. Most people dislike their jobs and if they don't dislike them at least find them stressful or distasteful or boring. This is why I think romance might be important.

We need a special place in our lives, in our days, to help make things nicer.

I salute you Romance.

I am actually going to try and get my boss' pass to special activities in the Empire State Building. Perhaps, I can surprise my boyfriend with something romantic.

My other theory about ROMANCE is that men are more into it than women.

Let me know what you think.

No comments: