December 09, 2003

I've Lost that Fluish Feeling

Well. I am still sore about the neck and shoulders but I have pretty much lost that whoozy feeling that I described last night. I think I have escaped what the news has been reporting as the most deadly flu ever, (aren't all flus the most deadly ever) yet again.

What I don't understand is this. If you have had the flu before, wouldn't your body have natural antibodies against the flu? I think that is the idea behind the flu vaccine. They collect different flu germs, mix them together into a vaccine and inject it into your body to help you develop antibodies against whatever new flu virus is out there. That is why I won't get the flu vaccine. I had it once as a kid and once as an adult.

Will I get the flu again? Is it possible? Wouldn't having had it before put the same antibodies in my system as the vaccine that is currently running out?

While we're on the subject of the vaccine, I heard this morning that the government supply of flu vaccine is running out. People are clammoring to their doctors' offices to get what remains. If this flu can kill people and the government and scientist know it, wouldn't it behoove them and everyone else to make enough for the entire population? So with this said why is BUSH even wasting his time on the SPAM bill? He is most likely going to sign it in in January this in if I heard my radio correctly this morning.

I know SPAM is annoying but it's not a deadly virus with the potential to wipe out large parts of the elderly population.

No comments: