January 22, 2004

Thursday

There was a great turnout last night for Drinking and Thinking.

The best round was definitely Janet's last on espionage with questions ranging from difficulty from who played Harriet the Spy's nanny in the movie version of the beloved book to the actualy birthplace of Mata Hari. Janet opened with a round of questions based on John Waters. That round was a lot of fun and educational. I learned two new words: frottage and copraphogia.

My music round featured diverse musicians from the most diverse of New York City's five boroughs, Queens. In my visual round, teams had to identify the Harrison Ford movie from the movie poster from which I removed all traces of the names of the movies (of course).

I also had a literature round where I named 3 or 4 characters from a book and teams had to name the book and the author. That turned out to be more difficult than I thought. Some people told me they didn't like the round because it was too hard and others really liked it. I'd say then that the round was a great success.

Thanks to all who turned out and be sure to come again next week. The Dawn Patrol's Dawn Eden will be co-hosting with Janet.

No comments: