January 27, 2004

Auspicious Celebrity Sighting

I just went on another bank run. Not the usual leisurely stroll. This check came in at 2:30 so I had to rush on over to the bank before 3pm closing. I decided to cut over to Park on 30th Street this time.

Do you know who I saw, pacing up and down the sidewalk talking on his cell phone?

Alec Baldwin. Completely random sighting. I've seen him before, when I was handing out headsets for the hearing impaired at Annie Get Your Gun when it was playing at the Marriot Marquis on Broadway. He walked into the lobby, natural as anything, with a big smile on his face and nobody went up to him, except for these two young girls. He very nicely put his arms around their shoulders and posed with them for their photo albums. An usher took their pictures for them.

Now, I just saw him, wearing an illfitting overcoat, looking like the most regular guy you would want to see. And he is as tall as he looks on screen and he's much better looking in person.

I like Alec Baldwin. He's a real down to earth kind of guy.

No comments: