January 26, 2004

Outside

Construction workers are erecting scaffolding in front of my work building. They just took down the wall they had built to keep us from falling into the giant hole in the sidewalk that was there for 2 months. For two months, we have been forced to walk on that narrow strip of sidewalk in all kinds of weather. When the sidewalk was icy, I clung on to that wall for dear life while trying not to fall down and get in the way of the other people walking single file behind me.

The presence of scaffolding means that the sidewalk will be open and protected from the onslaught of future bad weather. I will be able to walk on to the right and not worry about people walking into me from the other direction again.

It also means that my building continues to be renovated and that more noise will no doubt be added to my daily, aural landscape.

No comments: