January 15, 2004

Ethan Harris

His name is Ethan Harris. He is my nephew and I will meet him on Saturday. I am proud of my brother and his wife and I know they will be good parents. But will I be a good aunt? This is new territory for me.

What will be expected of me as an aunt? Does anyone know? I am looking forward to the time I get to spend with him. I look forward to trying to figure out his personality in these first few days of his life and then watching it develop. Ethan is amazing in ways we don't know yet. Because he is the child of my brother and his wife he will certainly have a good heart. He will be compassionate and sensible. He will be creative and responsible. He will be all the good things we expect of him and then exceed our expectations.

I love him already and I don't even know him.

No comments: