January 09, 2004

Did I Mention It Was Cold?

It is 9 degrees in Astoria. 9. And I don't believe it's warming up anytime soon, which is unfortunate.

Tomorrow night, I will be attending a monthly event known as PoP GeAr. It's hosted by my friend Dawn of the Dawn Patrol and it's taking place at Rififi, which a very cool bar down in the East Village. . .332 East 11th St. between 1st and 2nd Avenues, to be exact. Pop Gear is an evening of POP 60's music usually compiled by Dawn and two of her friends, Kittybeat and Michael Lynch. Part of the event is watching the great video footage of old pop acts from the 60's, shown on the back wall of the bar, over a little stage. If you can make it, you should. I've only met and spoken with nice people the other times I've gone. And then, of course, there is the dancing, the free cover and the moderately priced drinks.

How does this tie in with the cold weather, you might be wondering? Well. . .I'd like to dress cutely but it's hard to do that when you have to wear layers. But the important thing is that I go...so hopefully, no one will mind the necessary but lumpy clothing.

No comments: