August 09, 2003

TOTAL RECALL

What is going on in California? It doesn't even seem real. A few nights ago I watched the Tonight Show when Arnold S. alliterated (you know all those pretty F words he said) his way to announcing that he's running. He totally slammed the current governor. Does he honestly think he is qualified to do that man's job? He's got some giant set of cajones. And the other candidates also seem like a joke. Gary Coleman, Larry Flint, Ariana Huffington (actually she's not so bad).

From what I understand, Californians are upset about the budget crisis in their state and blame their governor. I don't know if he's to blame or not. But I do know that holding new elections probably costs some bucks. Bucks that the people of California should probably be using to fill the enormous deficit that they blame their governor for. It's upsetting to me that this is happening because I believe there is a deeper and scarier subtext to this whole affair......

I'm not as informed as I should be. Who called for the recall? I'm guessing it was republicans because it is my other understanding that traditionally the state has had mostly Republican governors. So it must upset them that there is a democrat in office. Does that seem right to you? It's all sounding like a bad senior class election. The most popular girl didn't win so she threw a hissy fit and insisted that the votes be recounted or talked the sexually vulnerable and frustrated principal into holding another election. And you know the rest of the class didn't give a shit. They just didn't give a shit. Only about 15 jocks, and 10 cheerleaders really cared because they actually believed it would look good on their transcripts and would help them with those athletic scholarships, making them look well rounded and all, if they served on their student councils.......

Well, just like the jocks and prom queens the republicans aren't looking very well rounded right now. It would be unfair to say that all republican politicians are christian fundamentalists but it seems like a lot of people who came on with Bush are Right Wing Christian Fundamentalists including Governor George W. himself. You guys know what I'm talking about. Right?

So it's my theory that the republicans are scared that democrats are going to allow jewish, minority, homosexual, single parents take over the world starting with California and that's why they are trying to get rid of Governor Davis.......

I can tell you that after the fiasco is over it won't be happening anywhere else..

No comments: