August 16, 2003

Poughkeepsie BBQ

What a lovely day I spent in Poughkeepsie. My cousin's youngest is celebrating his second and he's just the cutest little bowl of puddin' you would ever want to see. When it started to rain, I was sitting on the floor of the playroom drawing pictures of princesses and flowers and hanging out with 20 kids. Eventually it got to be too much because I just can't sit in the Lotus position for as long as I used to be able to. which is so sad, darn aging knees. It was fun. Andrea has a great set up for kids. Her six year old, Rebecca, got a trampoline for her birthday which the kids loved. They have a blow up pool where Scotty, the two year old played until he was shivering and his lips turned blue. Andrea's husband Paul sets up the ultimate waterslide every year. It is the ultimate because their house is on a hill. There was barbeque and a super big hero (from which I took many leftovers) and Andrea made a beautiful cake featuring NEMO, from that movie NEMO which was a big animated hit this summer about a fish. I have got to see that movie. Underwater animation is my favorite.

When my cousin Sandra, Aunt Esther and I left Poughkeepsie at 8:30 it was so nice and cool up there, I thought for sure I'd be able to sleep in a nice cool aparment with natural, fresh air keeping me company. But when I opened my door I was assaulted by a wave of hot. I guess I'll have to run the AC tonight.

Sorry Governor Pataki.

No comments: