February 21, 2004

Who Am I Kidding?

I said I was going to write the minutes for Wednesday's trivia game but who am I kidding. Too much happened. It was one of those nights when everything goes right. I had two great people on my team and the three of us won the first place prize.

I will tell you that the visual round was dedicated to baseball cards from the 60s. Each card had two or three players on it. We had to identify the player from each card that went on to become a Hall of Famer. If it hadn't been for my teammates encyclopedic knowledge of the game, I would not have had the honor of winning. Watching the two of them discuss these athletic legends was fascinating and somewhat educational. If I had a photographic memory, the conversation would be catalogued and I could report it to you verbatim, but sadly I don't so I cant. For the record, that is the first time I was on a team that came in first at the Wednesday night game.

I'm not a fan of the sport but baseball was very, very good to me that night. I'm sure I will never enjoy it as much again.

No comments: