February 06, 2004

Friday Five

Caren writes in the comment section regarding the below post, "Who do you hope it is?" She asks a good question. I retitled the below post, I Hope It's Not True, because I wouldn't wish her fate on anyone.


On a lighter note, here are my answers to the Friday Five.

1. What's the most daring thing you've ever done?
I ran for Homecoming Queen even though I was one of the less popular girls in my Senior High School class. I did it because I wanted to. Not because I thought I was going to win. It was daring and a little fun because it surprised people that I was running, so much so, that they would ask me with disgust "Why are YOU running for Homecoming Queen"?

2. What one thing would you like to try that your mother/friend/significant other would never approve of?
Be in an altered state for days on end and make art.

3. On a scale of 1-10, what's your risk factor? (1=never take risks, 10=it's a lifestyle)
When you're a timid person, who doesn't like crowds, has low self-esteem and thinks of him/herself as shy, everything that involves speaking to large groups or heading into a large crowd is risk so I would have to say my risk factor is a 10. It's all relative.

4. What's the best thing that's ever happened to you as a result of being bold/risky?
Producing and directing an off-Broadway event with some friends from an acting class was definitely a risk but well worth it. Hosting bar trivia opened up my life to a whole new bunch of friends.

5. ... and what's the worst?
Insulting my mother as a small child in front of a group of other children I thought were my friends in order to impress them.

No comments: