January 22, 2005

Snowing

This blizzard seems to be on the up and up. I went out earlier, when the snow started to pick up some groceries because that is what I do on Saturdays. The fact it is snowing is a happy coincidence. Who doesn't want to pick up supplies when the weather starts to get bad? I headed over to Keyfood and it wasn't so cold out. Actually it was quite lovely. I walked down the block a ways and after a few minutes, I realized I did need to pull up my hood. It was colder than I thought. The wind had a bit of a bite to it.

==========================================
I don't know why I thought everything would be business as usual at the supermarket. It never seizes to amaze me how people in New York City go into an utter panic at the mere suggestion of bad weather. It's not as if all commerce in and of New York is going to come to a stop. It will continue. Even with 12 inches of snow on a Sunday morning, New Yorkers will still be able to pick up their coffee and bagel with a shmear.

But noooooo. I walked into Keyfood and went to get a wagon. Here is what I saw. Not a single wagon was to be had. Every single one was in use and the lines were completely out of control. You would think we had just been invaded and all highways and byways were being patrolled by hostile forces. Don't worry, New Yorkers. Zabar's will still be open tomorrow. You'll be able to pick up your lox and white fish chubs and blueberry bagels.
=========================================
Here are a couple of snowy street scenes:


=========================================
What is The Meaning of Life?

The answer to that question can be found on pay-per-view for $1.95. I've got to go now. The background, incidental movie to my blogging has just become very interesing. I'm going to go enjoy Mr. Creosote.

No comments: