January 02, 2005

Ringing in the New Year with Scrabble

Late last night, about midnight, Jon and I played our first game of the year.

Then today, Sunday, our activity du jour was attending a weekly meeting of the Scrabble club There were a couple of Scrabble celebrities there including GI Joel, who by the way, is very, very nice. I won 2 out of 4 games played. My first two games were pretty strong. I beat two regular players, mostly by luck. . .I drew really good letters. Not bad for my first meeting but after four hours of competitive Scrabble with strangers, my head really started ache.
=============================================
I lost one game 555 points to 235. My opponent played such a beautiful game that I couldn't even get upset. Even if I had pulled great letter combinations, this guy still would have beat me. He was just that good.


But then Jon played him and won, defending my honor. He opened with Q-U-E-S-T-E-D and then moments later, made his second bingo O-U-T-*-L-I-N-E-S off of Q-U-E-S-T-E-D.


No comments: