February 08, 2005

Tuesday Lament

Monday was neatly tucked away because I called in sick to work yesterday. I called in sick because I was having trouble walking due to my sore legs. Yesterday, Monday was kept at bay. To help my legs I went to the gym and did more exercise and you know what? It helped. It helped a lot. My legs feel much better today - only residual soreness.

Tuesday feels like Monday. I'm tired. I'm dragging. I can't wait for the day to be over. I just want to go home and work out. I look forward to it and I am thinking of ways to leave early, although that wouldn't really be fair to my 5:30 appointment.

Tuesday night means American Idol again. It's my favorite sporting event to watch on television. Even moreso than the Super Bowl, if you can believe it. Okay, maybe that's not so hard to believe but American Idol is competitive. It is also violent but in a different way - more emotionally violet. Simon Cowell leaves crying heaps of young talented people in his wake. Simon can take down a 6 foot 2 hunky guy with one bite of his critical venom.

And I can't wait to see it tonight.

No comments: