February 24, 2005

The Gym

I weighed myself this morning and I gained weight. I shouldn't have stepped on that scale.

I decided I was going to start with some kind of high calorie burning aerobic activity to take off some initial weight before I started really working out with the weights because I know weight training builds mass and makes you heavier even though your toning up.

But I wanted to have an initial success, a quick weight loss, a month of extreme movement and sweating to get me started, to make me feel like working out is a worthwhile activity.

You know how upset I am. You've been here. After three weeks of working out, I expected to see at least a loss of 2 or 3 pounds. Nope. Not me. It doesn't work like that with me. Because every time I start an exercise and diet program my body has the opposite response. It puts weight on me.

Argh!!!!!

No comments: