February 17, 2005

New Job

Whose bright idea was it to start a new job on Thursday?

Oh yeah. Mine.

Things went well. But I realized starting a new job on a Thursday means I won't be able to get any momentum going this week - the momentum to prove myself.

That psychological MONDAY edge wasn't with me today. I hope I still managed to make a good impression as this executive's assistant. I finished my tasks quickly and efficiently. Sometimes that's not such a good thing. Sometimes, people assign you work to keep you busy. If you finish it too quickly, it can annoy them. Also, nobody likes a brown noser.

I don't think that was the case today but just in case, tomorrow I'll take my time and make sure I perform my tasks to the best of my ability.

A positive attitude goes a long way. Never underestimate the power of smiling. Because if your boss finds that you aren't doing a good job, at least he/she can say that you're a pleasure to work with.

No comments: