February 06, 2005

Saturday

Hosted by Photobucket.com
Saturday. I couldn't pull it together in Saturday. Falling back into old patterns, I had a lazy Saturday. It wasn't completely lazy, mind you. I did take some pictures of the neighborhood. (one of them above) I did meet with a trainer at 8am for the work up that I was entitled to for joining the gym. My trainer is 24 year old B, who is a ballerina from upstate.. She's 24 years old and can't weigh more than 100 pounds. She took my blood pressure to start - 120 over 78. She asked me what goals are and then she weighed me. That was shocking. I'm heavier now than ever, the heaviest I've ever been. That was pretty depressing. What was even more depressing was discovering my physical limitations with the simple exercises she gave me to do. It turns out that all of my muscles are "OUT OF BALANCE" which accounts for the odd aches pains I've been getting over the years. The simple exercises she gave me are meant to correct my balance. I like her fine and she really seems to know what she is talking about. She worked me out for about an hour. This morning, I had trouble getting out of bed. My body is sore in places I didn't know or forgot existed. I mean I've worked out before and I know how to work out or so I thought. She corrected the weigh I was doing a lot of different little exercises and I really feel the difference this morning. Basically, I'm going to have to do a lot of cardio and gradually work on increasing my target heart rate and I need to burn at least 300 - 400 calories in each cardio workout.

No comments: