February 02, 2006

Worst Cold Ever

This is by far the worst cold I have ever had. I can't sleep because I can't breathe and regular medicine isn't helping. Right now, my right eye, sinus and nostril are in synchronized agony. And that's under the effect of NYQUIL which normally provides with relief.

I'm exploring new territory today. I don't know how to bounce back from this one. Here is what I've been doing to bring myself relief. I took a bath scented with lavender to help me relax.
(Of course, I couldn't really smell the lavendar but the bath was very hot and therefore relaxing.) I've been drinking Airborne Formula every three hours. I've applied Vicks Vapor Rub under my nose in the hopes that it will clear me up. (My mom used to put that on my chest when I was a litttle girl.) I also just made myself a cup of tea using about one inch of diced ginger and a couple of slices of diced clementine. The tea turned out pretty nice. I also have Robitussin DM on tap for when I start coughing later and I know it's going to be a dry cough. I just want to jump ahead to the part where it's a little loser because my throat hurts so much, I don't want to lose my voice to dry couging.

This is the MOST uncomfortable I have ever felt from a cold. I'm hoping the doctor will be able to prescribe something for me tomorrow to give me some relief because I'm not finding it on my own.

No comments: