December 11, 2004

Friday in London

Jon and I split up so he could spend some time with his friend and I could be on my own a little bit. I thought it would be interesting to visit Harrod's, you know that big department store owned by the Al Fayeds. It was interesting to see the exterior but the interior was as busy as any New York department store two weeks before Christmas. I did use the luxurious bathroom but then I headed out to get some lunch and to see the Victoria & Albert museum.

Lunch was delicious. For £9 (about 18 dollars because the dollar is crap right now)I had a huge bowl of soup, chicken and four different vegetables. Yummy.

Then I went to the V&A. I walked around for about 2 and a half hours. It's a museum of decorative arts. There didn't seem to be any really famous artworks there but there were some lovely pieces.

Here is a photo of the church we saw in York.

Yorkminster Abbey

Here is a picture of Jon in front of above church.PC070181

No comments: