August 31, 2004

The Weekend Was (cont'd)

The most exciting moment of the day was when cops came bursting into our building, between 12 - 15 cops actually, to stop a burglar from breaking into a fourth floor apartment using a baseball bat.
The Astoria Sports Complex has a four lane pool, regular length. The locker room was kind of small. That was alright, not great. The pool was very chlorinated and it felt good to be back in that environment. I tried my first lap. Three strokes, face in the water, turning my head on the fourth stroke. I was winded at the end of the first lap but it felt good to stretch out and pull my way through the water. I didn't last too long. Not having swam in more than half my life, I'll admit I'm not in top swimming form, so after 15 minutes, I called it a day and came home.

A couple of hours later, I went to my friend's birthday party where Jon later joined me. After the party guests left, we remained and watched Clambake with the host until 3 in the morning. Good times. Good times.

Saturday, Jon and I slept really late. Well, not that late. But, I have to admit that I didn't really do all that much on Saturday. After Jon left for work, I chilled out. I watched a couple of movies on DVD. I napped. I read. I went food shopping (ahhhhhh). It was nice. Very, very nice. When Jon came home we played a couple of games of Scrabble and then called it a night because we had big plans on Sunday.

Sunday, we ventured into the city. I wanted to show Jon some stores I like but we couldn't get to them because of the protest moving up 7th Avenue. We ended up going to Bed, Bath and Beyond which was swimming with NYU students and then to Old Nave which had nobody in it, except a few protestors picking up some school clothes for their kids. (the kids were wearing T-shirts that said Kids Against Bush. Obscene to have children messed up in all that if you ask me).

Going home, we walked as far away as we could from the protest toward Broadway where we could pick up our train, but little did we know that there was another protest (or perhaps the same one) walking down Broadway. We made it safely to the subway without having to hear any malarchy about how Bush sucks and all. Of course he does, but I knew that already.

After we got home, 3 hour nap. Yeah.....then pan fried steak for dinner.

The most exciting moment of the day was when cops came bursting into our building, between 12 - 15 cops actually, to stop a burglar from breaking into a fourth floor apartment using a baseball bat. Turns out it was my neighbor just trying to get into his apartment.

It was a good weekend.

No comments: