August 17, 2004

Saturday the 14th to Lucky in Love

(this originally ran on August 14th, 2004 but I was unhappy with the original post so I changed a few things and now it's back)

I looked but there aren't any legends about Saturday the 14th being unlucky. Too bad because traditionally that has been my unlucky day. Perhaps I was spared from bad luck on the 13th because I was born on the 13th of September so many years ago. (many, many) Yes, that does mean I have a birthday coming up.

Actually, I don' t much believe in luck anymore anyway. I believe more in the power of doing things, positive things to improve your life. It is a little more work than just waiting around for my bad luck to change to good but it's true what my mom says which is "The more you work, the luckier you get." Sometimes, she says that a little bit too much but it's true.

For example...I took a chance on someone I liked and now I am living with him. Is that lucky? Perhaps, but it's more likely a result of paying attention to my life and what is going on around it. Last year, I started attending trivia games. That led to meeting more people which led to meeting Jon. I watched Jon at trivia for several weeks. Then one day I said to my friend, "What about him?" and she replied, he's a nice jewish guy and I think he's available. That led to paying more attention to him and attending a trivia event hosted by him, etcetera...

Thank you to that friend because she obviously believes in your philosophy of friends matching up friends. I paid attention to her suggestion and now I'm happy.

I had another friend who said that MR RIGHT isn't going to come knocking on my door. She was right. I had to look for him. It took a while but I think I found him.

I agree with the Bloggette's point of view and will pay closer attention to my friends that I already was in the past.


No comments: