December 03, 2005

Up and Almost Ready

I've fully accepted that I am going back to the gym. I'll be going in the mornings to start - trying to get back into that habit. Also, I dread going to the gym. If I do it first thing in the morning, at least I won't have the whole day to talk myself out of going.

The only problem now is actually putting on the gym clothes and facing the icy cold blast of arctic air that seems to have covered New York City like a blanket over night. My apartment is warm but not hot - comfortable. The super finally got the heat situation under control. Instead of feeling like summer in the middle of August, it actually feels like an apartment heated economically in winter time.

If I could get into the habit of NOT smoking every day; of eating three meals a day; of drinking 2 liters of water a day then surely, I can get back into the habit of going to the gym. After all, that's good for me as well and I know within a week my back and neck are going to feel much better - but boy, do I NOT want to go this morning.

5 minutes later

Deciding what to wear is always a challenge, so I've been very careful lately to fill my drawers up clothes that I just LOVE to wear. This is the case with the T-shirt I'm wearing on the left.

Yes. That is a photo of me taken just moments ago at 7:30 in the morning. I decided to wear a t-shirt I bought on honeymoon as inspiration for facing the winter like weather in order to work out for an hour or so. You can see how utterly thrilled and awake I look. If you examine the photograph not so closely, you'll see the puffy darkish circles under my eyes (which are always there but moreso in the morning).

Okay. You didn't happen to see where I put my sweater, did you? It's the big gray one with the white snowflakes that I bought on ebay for $10 like three years ago. That's another one of my favorite items. It's working. . .I really want to put on that huge warm sweater and head out doors.

I'll let you know how it went later.

No comments: