December 02, 2005

Today is Friday

Today is Friday, Friday, Friday.
It will be a fun day, fun day
All day long.
============================
My body is literally aching to go back to the gym. I've got familiar old aches and pains in my back and neck which plagued me for years until I started working out seriously. I checked my measurements last night and for the most part they are a smidge smaller than before my wedding but still, I would hate to gain back wait or lose some muscle tone which I'm probably doing as we speak - my muscles are most likely losing their ongoing battle with time and gravity.

Instead of going to the gym last night, I cooked up a storm. Because of my schedule I have to choose between activities I enjoy because I can't do everything. If I go to the gym after work, I don't cook hot meals. It's just too much for me. Anyway, I cooked something wonderful.

I used my new food processer to turn a pineapple into mush. I threw that mush into some well sauteed onions and after cooking the onions and pineapple together for 10 minutes or so, I threw in some chicken thighs that had been boiled in a stock pot to remove some of the fat. That worked out really well. I then cooked some macaroni in the light broth and after cooking the macaroni, threw some barley soup mix into the stock pot - which I haven't yet taste, so I can't speak to the results of that concoction.

The chicken turned out great.

No comments: