December 15, 2005

Chicken Soup - Mmmm, Mmmm Good

Yesterday, I bought Norton's 2006 Antivirus program with a $20 rebate. Final cost - $19.99. Last night was all about making soup and installing Norton's. My new Tripp*Lite 10-outlet surge protector arrived yesterday from Overstock and I was going to do some work that would allow me to add my computer to our current computer set up but it was just too much.

My soup turned out great. I got home at 6:15 and started working on it immediately. I was preparing it for an hour. I quartered my chicken and diced all of the ingredients before adding them to the stock pot. Then when the chicken was practically falling off the bone, I pulled it out of the stock pot and ripped it shreds by hand. I strained out all of the bits and pieces that added to the soup's flavor, added the chicken and it was done.

Here's what I used.
7.5 quarts of water in an 8-quart stock pot
One small Murray's chicken
5 stalks of celery (diced)
4 carrots (diced)
5 tomatoes (diced)
2 onions (diced)
1 leak (minced)
1 green pepper (diced)
salt
paper
Old Bay seasoning
3 Herb Ox bouillon cubes

No comments: