July 23, 2005

Valerie and The Half-Blood Prince

This morning I picked up my Harry Potter book at the post office. Last week, as you may recall, I missed the early morning delivery and then later when I went to the PO, it was still on the truck. I wondered why the mailman didn't just leave the plain brown box that they normally leave by our front door when we get something from Amazon. You know, I did ask when I went to get it last week. The post office said they didn't want to risk someone stealing the book from our doorstep. But again, why would someone steal a plain brown box?

I got my answer when I picked this up today.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Amazon might just as well have printed STEAL ME on the box. My goodness. What if you were sending this is a surprise to someone? They wouldn't be surprised. They would know as soon as they saw the box that BOOK 6 was in their hands. Granted, the packaging is nice but I really resent having to have waited all week to finally get my hands on the sixth book of this beloved series.

I've started and I am about to retreat into YEAR 6 at Hogwart's but before I do, I wanted to leave you with this link to some negative anti-US propaganda from North Korea. Be warned there is bad language and somewhat violent imagery.

No comments: