July 29, 2005

Photography Born of Boredom

I felt so lucky when I walked into the 28th St. station and the W train was pulling in.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The train was running slowly but it was still running and then the W train was inexplicably delayed at the 57th Street station. For those of you who don't know, you get out at this station if you want to go to Carnegie Hall and you're on the N, W, or R trains. Having just finished reading The Halfblood Prince, I didn't have a book with me. (I like to wait a day after finishing a book before I start a new one.) But I did have my camera which I used to pass the time. First I shot a picture of myself looking bored out of my mind.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Then I shot a thrilling picture of the tip of my sneaker.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

But that was getting boring also. I tried something more exciting, something I don't do under normal circumstances and that was to photograph people unaware that they were being photographed. I think I got some nice shots.
===============================
These two woman were having a respectfully quiet conversation. I say respectfully because a lot of times in a crowded train you are forced to hear very loud and very personal conversations that no one else should hear.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This woman was reading Harry Potter. I think she may have figured out I took her picture 2 minutes later.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This guy had the right idea by taking a short snooze.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This next picture was very exciting to take. He was sitting so close to me and he was reading so intensely that he didn't even notice what I was doing. My heart quickened just I snapped off this shot.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It took about an hour for me to get home.

No comments: