July 20, 2005

James Doohan Dead at 85

Image hosted by Photobucket.comJon called me from the NY Post to give me the sad news that James Doohan, famous for playing Scotty on Star Trek, died at the age of 85 from pneumonia and Alzheimers. I grew up on a diet of Star Trek and public television. At an early age I was fascinated with the sci-fi classic and often imagined that cast in the roles of my 6 inch tall imaginary friends. I was sad to hear that he contracted Alzheimers and now to hear that he's passed on. I'm sure he was loved by not only his fans but by his family as well.

With that said, here is my favorite line from the Newsday Obit:
He accused Shatner of hogging the camera, adding: "I like Captain Kirk, but I sure don't like Bill. He's so insecure that all he can think about is himself."

No comments: