July 10, 2005

Day 1 San Francisco

We are blessed this trip because we get to stay with friends. Our tour of San Francisco started the moment our hostess found us at the airport. Image hosted by Photobucket.com We were treated to beautiful views of city from every angle. One of the first attractions we saw was the Legion of Honor which has been converted into a museum. From there we could see the Golden Gate Bridge in the distance. On the grounds of the Legion of Honor is Holocaust Memorial sculpture by George Segal. It is the most moving memorial I've seen.

I enjoy seeing flowers and trees I've never seen before when I travel. Here is one near the memorial that looks like a sunny sideup egg.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And here are pictures of Michelle Ackerman and I standing in front of the Legion of Honor.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.comWe drove over to Alamo Park where we got to see that famous row of Victorian Houses - which, thanks to years of watching Full House, I thought were much bigger than they actually were. They really are quite lovely but when you're actually looking at them in person there not as impressive as you might think. We speculated that living there is probably a huge burden.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Note that if you go to Alamo Park the hillside from where you view the houses gets very muddy. When I got to the car I discovered my sneakers were caked with mud.

After Alamo Park we went to Twin Peaks and saw even more beautiful views. If you look closely you can the Golden Gate Bridge in the distance.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

That night, we had dinner at Fresca, Peruvian food. My dining experience took the form of a salad with sliced, seasoned steak.

We slept well on Friday night.

No comments: