July 17, 2005

Slainte

Saturday. Lazy Saturday. My Harry Potter book came at 9am but I wasn't awake to receive it so I missed the delivery. I went to the post office but the truck wasn't back so I won't get my book until Monday. I walked from the post office to the gym. Long walk + muggy day = bad workout. After 25 minutes of cardio I was done. Image hosted by Photobucket.comZoning out followed shortly in the form of ANCHORMAN:The Legend of Ron Burgundy on HBO on demand. That movie is so bad, it requires absolutely no thought.

Saturday night, after a 2 hour nap brought on by Anchorman, I met Jon in the city. I was so hot and uncomfortable standing on the platform, I took this picture when I got into the subway so I could see how I look which is tired, very tired. I was disappointed to see my hair frizzing up like that because I got a deep conditioning on Friday night at Pritty Woman Boutique.

I met Jon in Union Square for dinner and we went to Heartland Brewery. We split a salmon burger and some incredibly spicy gazpacho.
Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

As I sat there across from Jon at Heartland Brewery
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
talking to him, admiring him and eating his fries, it felt like we were on a date and it was nice.

Our next stop was Slainte where we helped Michael Malice celebrate his birthday. Slainte is an Irish toast. Here is a picture of their toast wall which features toasts in different languages. By the way, I LOOOVVVVEEEEE the bathrooms at Slainte - they are unique to the lower East Side because they are spacious and they have paper towel dispensers.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We were having a nice time but had to cut it short because of an early Sunday morning appointment with our photographer. We opted to take the subway for a change because I had this feeling that the traffic on the Queensborough bridge was going to be bumper to bumper. Why spend $20 when you can spend $2 for a commute that's going to take the same amount of time? We got into the train at Bleecker and we documented both the old and new signs at the station.
Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: