July 12, 2005

Day 4 - San Francisco

This morning I decided to wear my new pink shoes from Chinatown.
P7110003


But, today was all about Alcatraz and cable cars.

P7110020

We rode the famous San Francisco Powell/Hyde cable car to get to Fisherman's Wharf so we could take the ferry to the famous prison. On the ferry I was feeling a little motion sick so I took a picture of myself to see if I could see myself turning green.
P7110016
I discovered instead that I was turning redder. Since we've been here, San Franciscans have been experiencing unusually sunny weather. I have to remember to wear sunblock tomorrow otherwise I'm going to look like a tomato.

I don't have much to say about Alcatraz so I'll show you.
P7110030

P7110035

Tomorrow we're renting a car and driving out to John C. Muir woods to see the enormous redwoods and then spending some time in Sausolito. I really like it out here. California is pretty and San Francisco doesn't have any humidity. The air feels clean and fresh.

No comments: