October 30, 2005

Leaving on a Jet Plane

The booze cruise was fun. We sat at the front of the catamaran and I laid on my back and watched the sky as the crew took our "vessel" out onto the open sea. We talked to an engaging couple. He was a marine biologist and she was a resident at a hospital in Kingston (and by resident I mean studying to be a doctor). While were talking to Dane and his wife Dr. Tandy, we saw a rainbow which seems to be an every day occurence down here. Toward the end of the trip, we dropped anchor in this little cove with warm, clear turquoise water where we were supposed to swim around a little bit.

I was hesitant at first because salt water aggravates heat rash. When I looked out into the water and saw the other guests swimming, it looked like the final scene from Titanic. But then I saw that Jon was having such a nice time and Dr. Tandy encouraged me to come in saying that it wouldn't bother my rash - much- so I joined the shipwreck survivors and floated around the cove with a yellow foamy thing around my waist.

It was a nice outing.

Today. Today. Today. We are coming home today. We will be travelling for a long time. We are leaving our hotel at 1:15 for a 6:15 flight. Originally we were going to leave at 2:15 but the taxi company moved it back to allow more time for bad weather and roads. If you look at the map below you can see that Jamaica is adrift in a soup of bad of weather. We are that little blip of an island under the eastern end of Cuba covered by the Weather Channel logo. Yes. We are going to be flying in and out of those gathering storms and into the beautiful weather expected today in NYC. Our flight comes in later tonight.

gomex_sat_720x486

I figure it's only fair to give the mosquitoes here a rest. If I stayed any longer I would probably exhaust the entire mosquito population as every night they have feasted on me since we've been in Ocho Rios. I woke up with 3 new bites this morning - and yes. I was wearing bug repellent. I just couldn't reapply it while I was sleeping.

Once home, I'll be able to upload my pictures and show you some of the fun we've been having.

This is the Misanthrope, signing off for now.

No comments: