October 20, 2005

A Break From The Rain

Whatever i said about rain during our honeymoon - just forget about it.

This morning we woke up to sunny skies but a choppy ocean.

The resort isn't willing to risk people's lives in the angry brine but tomorrow we're taking a scuba lesson at 2:30 in the afternoon.

We laid poolside until 11:30 when I started to feel my freckles baking. We each got massages at 1 and I received a manicure after that. My deep tissue massage was the best yet. My wedding manicure just didn't last so I had my nails done too.

It's about 4pm on Thursday afternoon. I just ate the Jamaican breakfast of Acki and Saltfish (codfish) for lunch. The sun is just beaming. It's easily 85 degrees with about 79% humidity - way better than 100% humidity.

I am so happy the clouds cleared up. Sadly clear skies for us means that Wilma - which is so big it has two eyes - is moving up to the Gulf and then in and around the Redneck Riviera. I'm hoping that Cuba, Mexica and the southern states of the US don't experience too much damage.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do next. I just got my own key to the room, enabling Jon and I to break our hiplock long enough to experience the resort in our own unique ways.

Hope your having a good day.

No comments: