March 09, 2005

I Can Walk

After three days of agonizing pain, I can finally walk like a normal person. Wahoo.

This morning, on the train, for the first time, I started envisioning myself as a bride. Ever since Jon proposed, I envisioned the wedding but from my POV or what I would be seeing; Jon waiting for me at the end of the aisle; our guests as I passed them on the way to the chupah (sp?); my parents on either side of me each holding an arm. But I never thought about how I would look to everyone else. This morning, I saw myself with my hair and makeup done, in my dress with a big smile on my face and it made me happy.

It's strange making the transition from someone with very low self-esteem to someone with normal self-esteem. Someone should write a book about the things you can expect when the improvements you've been making on yourself and the changes you strive to make in how you think about the world, actually start to work.

It's nice when you can actually start worrying about things that matter instead of things that don't.

You know what I mean if you know what I mean.

No comments: