March 01, 2005

American Idol rocked last night. That weird, sleezy Frank Sinatra wannabe from Long Island is definitely going to be voted off. . .I'm sure of it. His performance was so average. Actually there were only three or four good performances that really stood out last night. The rest ... there really isn't an IDOL in the lot of them.
====================================
Well the snow fell. I looked out the window and I don't see 7 - 10 inches which is fantastic. I love it when the weathermen are wrong with their dystopic predictions.
====================================
My new job is still going well. I'm having a good year.
====================================
The most important thing I've learned in the last two years is the powerful effect a positive attitude can have on those around you. People like to be around happy people. It makes them feel good. I remember a time when I would open my mouth at a party and the negativity would chase everyone away. It took a long time for me to connect the dots. When I act happy, I can't get people to leave me alone. And people tell me things and confide in me. If you act like you want to be where you are and believe it, people will come to you. I'm sorry I had to learn that lesson so late. But I guess some people are just late bloomers socially.

I'm not saying be fake. I'm just saying don't be negative. If you have nothing positive to say, don't say anything. If you disagree with someone at a dinner party, you don't have to do it outloud. You don't always have to express your opinion. Sometimes it's okay to be one of the crowd. And whatever you do, don't act desperate. People will smell it on you before you enter the room.

No comments: