July 13, 2004

Michael Moore, Ugly American?

Here is a link to MICHAEL MOORE, UGLY AMERICAN by Jeffrey Morley for the Washington Post.

In this article, Morley discusses Pete Townshend's reaction to what Townshend perceives as Moore's bullying him into using his "Won't Get Fooled Again" in the Farenheit 9/11 soundtrack.

Here is a bit from the article:
"I greatly resent being bullied and slurred by him just because he didn't get what we wanted from me," Townshend told Ireland Online. Moore wanted Townshend's rock anthem "Won't Get Fooled Again" for use on the soundtrack of his anti-Bush documentary film, "Fahrenheit 9/11." Townshend refused, saying he thought Moore's previous movies amounted to "bullying." In response, Townshend said that Moore accused him of being a war supporter. Townshend says Moore's attitude was evocative of President Bush's war on terrorism credo: if you're not with me, you're against me.
It's an interesting article which I of course am posting, because parts of Morley's discussion support my stance that Moore is being anti-American. I also post it because for every article that supports Moore's movie there seems to be one against it.

VIVA LA DEBATE!!!!!

No comments: