July 15, 2004

Bush Bashing

Thank you Matthew Drudge for some more good reporting. (no sarcasm intended, hopefully none understood).

On today's Drudge Report, MD has started an article discussing Ozzy Osbourne's stage show at Jones Beach where as part of the show, Ozzy plays a film montage comparing George W. to Adolf Hitler.

Of course, I support Ozzy's right to free speech. He is certainly entitled to criticize President Bush as is Michael Moore.

So naturally, I hope others support my right to criticize the President's critics.

Again, I am not a fan of President Bush. I don't like the fact that that his strong religious beliefs seem to influence every decision he makes and that doesn't sound very objective to me or like he's separating church and state, especially in the area of reproduction rights. I don't like the fact that people are able to come up with conspiracy theories about him because where there is smoke there is fire. I don't like that many of his decisions seem to favor big business or lobbies that I don't necessarily agree with. With that said, I don't know enough about any of the above to really, publicly come out against the President so I'm not. I can say though that based on the above that I don't trust him and I don't like him and that I'm not voting for him.

However, I also would not compare him to HITLER. To do so is irresponsible and disrespectful of Hitler's actual victims. George Bush is not killing his own people to make a pure and superior race of his choosing. He is not murdering political dissidents or exterminating physically and mentally disabled individuals. Nor is he imprisoning gays or conducting medical experiments on twins.

Shame on you Ozzy. You grew up in post WWII England. You know about fucking Nazis and you know Bush isn't one.

No comments: