July 21, 2004

Hump Day

Today is hump day, hump day, hump day.
It will be a hump day, hump day
All day long.

It's 7:25 am and I just woke up for the fourth morning in a row in my new apartment.  I woke up 15 minutes before the alarm clock and 10 minutes before my mother called me to try out my new phone number.  Yes it is early, but I don't mind.  We have an understanding.  She always seems to know when I'm awake and therefore never wakes me with her calls.

I haven't spoken about smoking in a while. That's because most days, although the desire to smoke is still there, the cravings have been minimal.  Sometimes, if the day is particularly busy or full of stress, cravings pop up left and right.  Saturday and Sunday for instance, the day of my move, were stressful and for most of both of those days, I really wanted a cigarette.  I snapped several times and the loved ones who were helping me.  Thankfully, they are understanding and supportive and forgave me quickly.   Saying sorry isn't always enough.  People never like it when you snap at them, so hopefully the sting of my snappiness has worn off by now.

The setup is going swimmingly.  I find myself needing more furniture to fill up all this space.  I'm having trouble getting used to length of time it takes to walk from one room to the other, but I'm sure I will soon enough.

 

No comments: