April 07, 2005

Honey Luna plus other stuff and things

Honeyluna.com
There is a website where couples can register for their honeymoons called HoneyLuna - their tagline is "the premier online honeymoon registry service since 1995". This is a great site and a great idea. The way it works is people buy shares of different aspects of the honeymoon the way someone would buy a place setting from your registry at Fortunoffs. They break down each aspect of the trip - flight 44 shares; hotel 30 shares; massage 10 shares; dinner at Petrossia 700 shares - and people contribute buy purchase the shares. Do you get it? If you don't, that's okay . . . you can go to their amazingly cool website Honeyluna.com

I have questions about this concept. As amazing as I think it is, is this something we should do? Are we crossing some kind of etiquette line by asking people to pay for our honeymoon? And if we do register here, does that mean we can't register any where else? I mean much stuff can we conceivably register for?

What do you think?
=========================================
For Whom the Bell Tolls
March and April have been a good season for death. These two were added to the April death toll as of yesterday's news - Saul Bellow and Prince Rainier. I think I may have read a book by Bellow about Hungary during the HOLOCAUST. It may have been someone else. How embarrassing. I've read so many books, I don't remember who wrote what. However the book about Hungary was riveting either way and very sad. So much fiction and non-fiction have arisen out of people's true WWII stories. I believe no other world event has had more influence on the world.

My condolences go out to the families of Saul Bellow and Prince Rainier. I'm so sorry for your respective losses.
=========================================
Getaway Romance
Thursday is my Friday. We will be taking a short vacation in a tropical paradise. If there is a computer with internet access, you can be rest assured that I will be providing updates during our trip. If you don't hear from me again, it means we decided to hideaway from the rest of the world and spend the rest of our lives in a perfect bliss and harmony.

No comments: