April 25, 2005

Google Me This Batman

When is a regret at its strongest?
When the stock you wanted to buy but couldn't because you didn't have the money ends up being the more valuable than the best stocks out there. Google's stocks which opened at $85/share are now worth $275 to $290 each. And I knew, just knew like so many others that that stock was going to sky rocket and it did. I don't know anything about the market but I knew about Google. Argh!!
========================================
Wow. There was an unexpected meteor shower last night and I missed it!! Apparently, it resulted in a flurry of phonecalls to local authorities according to that AP news story I linked to. I wish I had seen it. I was indoors watching two hours of The Contender on NBC and then playing Scrabble with my betrothed.
========================================
You can add The Contender to my list of favorite TV shows. The formula is typical of Mark Burnett reality shows which probably explains why I am addictively hooked to this program. I don't know why I was never interested in boxing before. Thanks to this program, my interest is growing and I'm learning more about it. Recently, USA Network ran a documentary on Emil Griffiths, the boxer who killed another boxer in the ring so many years ago. That was compelling. All boxing matches should contain a little back story. The back story is what drives my obsession with the NBC program.

If you don't know the story of Emile Griffiths, you should look it up. I would do it for you but I'm having some trouble finding an effective search term. His name in Google doesn't seem to bring me where I want to be fast enough.

No comments: