October 13, 2003

Another perfect weekend from my so-called life.

Friday night was spent alone, catching up on some well earned sleep.

Saturday day was spent puttering around the house, running errands and getting ready for Saturday night.

Saturday night was spent at Rafifi's on East 11th off of First Avenue, where I attended a rocking party, hosted by the great Dawn Eden. Joining her were Kittybeat and Michael Lynch. The theme of the evening was 60's rock and the name of the event was POP GEAR. I was thrilled to learn from Dawn that this is now going to be a regular monthly event at Rafifi's, the next one scheduled for Saturday, November 8th, in the year of our lord, 2003. Not only was there great music, but the corresponding visuals were incredible..........the three dee-jays put together an endless film loop of 60's bands in all of their 60's gear, which they projected against the wall behind the dance floor. For a full description of the festivities go to the DAWN PATROL by clicking on DAWN PATROL.

Sunday?..well Sunday I lazed around as usual. I love lazy Sundays. I believe that everybody should have one day of every week where they do absolutely nothing of any importance. It's good for the mind, body, and soul. The best part about my Sunday lazying was that I was able to corrupt a close friend of mine into joining me in the day's non-activities. Part of doing nothing involved watching the last five innings of the Cubs/Marlins game. I wasn't very interested at first, but then something happened. I learned the phrase "SHUTOUT" and then I learned that the Marlins' pitcher, Beckett, was throwing a no score game. (These words do not come trippingly out of my mouth, so for my readers who are baseball fans, I know these words sound odd coming from me, and I don't need to hear about it later.) Then something else happened. It was in the fifth inning and someone hit a ball and it went into the air and then someone caught it and then someone ran around the bases and then it happened again a little bit later in the game.

Uhhhh, yeah.......I never really know what all the excitement is about when it comes to baseball but I felt happy for that pitcher when he struck out Sammy Sosa. I don't know about baseball but I know about Sosa and know it must have felt great for the young Beckett to strike out that old record breaker or was he an almost record breaker? Someone will have to explain that one to me too, I guess.


No comments: