September 11, 2006

Remember

I started watching CNN's video of the news reports as they came in on 9/11.

After the second plane hit, I started crying and had to turn it off. It's just too sad.

So. I'm going back to watching the tape of yesterday's episode of Flavor of Love 2 and then I'm going to finish writing about it.

It's just too hard. Thinking about 9/11 happens all year long with me. Every time I'm in the subway and I hear about the rerouting of the trains because of construction down at Ground Zero.

Every time I walk down 5th Avenue and see all that sky, I think about it.

It's impossible to be a New Yorker and not think about it constantly. Reminders are everywhere.

I remember going into the city a week after it happened. Grand Central station was covered with Missing Posters of people who died in the Towers. The families were so hopeful that their relatives were missing and not dead.

So forgive me if I write about Flavor of Love 2. I know it's silly. But it's the best I can do.

No comments: