September 14, 2006

DMV - ATL - ALA

Lazily, I let my driver's license lapse and now I have to retest for a new one. I spent a few hours this afternoon at the DMV retaking the written test for my license - only 3 wrong and without studying. About 6 or 7 questions were dedicated to whether or not drunk driving is bad and what the legal consequences are. The test may have gotten easier over the last 20 years.

The time spent there was worth it because I have my Learner's Permit and can start practicing for my test. Even though, I took Driver's Ed in high school I still have to take a five hour driver's course to get the paperwork necessary for the road test portion. Fortunately, there are about 200 little driving schools in Astoria, so I shouldn't have any trouble finding a place to get my 5 hour certificate. I'm not sure where I'm going to take it or whose car I'm going to use. I guess I'll have borrow one from a family member. Hopefully my brother, sister-in-law or cousin won't mind.
------------------------------------
Tomorrow Jon and I are going to Alabama via Atlanta to visit my father-in-law's family. I think in they are in the north east section of the state. We're also going to spend a few days on the Gulf coast aka the Redneck Riviera. Hopefully we'll be going fishing. I can't remember the last time I've been. I don't want to do anything fancy. I just want to throw in a rod and reel, listen to the splashing water and get some sun.
------------------------------------
When we get back I'll be taking advantage of the gift certificate Jon gave me from Bliss. There are so many services to choose from but I think I might go for the Rubber Neck and the Fully Loaded Facial. Or I might just go all out and get the Ginger Rub. Of course after a week in the Alabama sunshine I may need something more aggressive for my face like the Crystal Clearing but we'll see. I am tempted by the Lymphatic Drainage, The Arm-istice, or the Deep Sea Detox.

It all looks good, so good.

No comments: