June 09, 2006

Trivial Pursuit of Happiness

So. Wednesday at the Belasco was extremely busy. I handed out 89 headsets.

Bill and GildaBy the time the show was finished I was ready for my scheduled evening off. I had arranged with our friend Jonathan Bloomfield to go to the Drunken Smartass Olympics, the pub quiz at Dempsey's Pub. Through no fault of our own (wicked traffic on the BQE), we got there late missing the first two rounds. Shortly after the third round began we were joined by our friends Bill and Gilda (seen right).

2 good
2 be
4 gotten

That was our team name. I got it from my dad's yearbook. I used to look at that thing all the time. He graduated highschool in the early 60's - the hairdo's, the clothes, the activities. I was fascinated by that thing. Everything was different. The early 60's were so innocent when compared to the later 60's. After high school my father joined the air force and then later met my mother while stationed in France. . .but that's another story.

We didn't get there in time to really build up a good enough score. We finished in last place.

It's been a long time since I've hung out with that crowd. Jon came down after his work shift and joined us. Jon was one of the original hosts of the trivia night at Dempsey's pub. The last night that he hosted with current host Janet Rosen, was the first night I had ever attended. It was not called the Drunken Smartass Olympics then. At that time, it was just Wednesday night trivia.

No comments: