August 11, 2005

Triffids Dry

Well. I finished Day of the Triffids by John Wyndham. It was awesome. The author took me back in time to a place he invented. It really is a good piece of 1950's dystopic sci-fi. You will read this book and believe that the majority of mankind was blinded by a mysterious comet shower and that ne'er do well plants are taking over the earth.

This week's book of choice is DRY by Augusten Burroughs. It's the continuation of his memoir. I've never been addicted to alcohol, I hardly really drink much at all. This book is about his struggle with alcholism. He writes in a way that makes his life relatable. I've only just started the book. If you have ever had to deal with anxiety, lonliness and/or depression, you should be able to relate to the book as well.

No comments: