August 08, 2005

The Progress Wedding

We just had a meeting with our dee-jay to start planning the music for our wedding. We enjoyed listening to the different music we could use for the different wedding activities we have planned. We chose the song for our first dance; made some preliminary choices for my dance with my father and Jon's dance with his mother; considered some clever selections for cutting the cake, throwing the bouquet, and throwing the garter; started planning the music for the reception, etc.

What a relief. I feel like we got so much done tonight. I have three meetings set up with florist for Sept 3 - meetings that my mother and I will be attending together. Our photographer is already on board and should be giving us our engagement photos any day now. My dress should be coming in soon. The temple is reserved and has been. The caterer is ready to go. Now we just have to work on the small details like hair and makeup, wedding rings, etc.

If anyone tells you that you need a year to plan a wedding, they are wrong. The only thing that might take a year may be getting the place that you absolutely have your heart set on. But if you are pretty easy going about the locale or you're not that fussy about your dress, then you really can do it in a few months.

No comments: