August 03, 2005

Easing into Wednesday Morning

I'm sorry I missed Tuesday Night Trivia last night. Two very good friends of mine hosted but alas between worrying about the wedding, stressing out about getting into shape and just feeling generally blah last night, I couldn't gather myself enough to get there.

Regarding worrying about the wedding. . .I am working on it so I know there is no need to worry but there is always the fear that I'm not working hard enough.

Getting in shape . . .I thought by working out last night, I might alleviate some of that stress hoping that the blah feeling that led to feeling ill would vanish. It worked. I worked out on the elliptical machine for 50 minutes. About 40 minutes into it I started getting that runner's high feeling. It took so long for me to get there and then it only lasted a little less than 10 minutes. I ran into my trainer who has officially adopted me as his older sister now and programmed my new cell phone number into his Blackberry type device.

On the way home from the gym I ran into an old teaching friend who I haven't spoken to in three years. She was well and it was nice to catch up with her. She filled me on who is doing what and how much worse it is at the old school I taught at now that the teachers are using some new mandatory pain in the ass curriculum, probably the same CRAPPY curriculum I was using at the CRAP school I taught at in Long Island City.

So now it's Wednesday morning, I'm at the office and my boss is not. He is taking a well deserved vacation. Nobody works harder at this office than he does. With that said, I hope to get a lot done this week for him. Cleaning files, compiling lists of things to do and then crossing things off the list when I'm done, etcetera.

But I'm easing into it. I felt so much stress yesterday, I'm hoping for a low-impact, stress-free day today.

No comments: